- Thermal management for miniaturized motor
- Silicone free thermal pad for optical windows
- GLPOLY Silicone free thermal putty outperforms silicone putty
- High Performance Thermal Putty for Auto Electronics
- Comparison between Silicone free thermal putty and silicone putty
- Thermal pad compression selection
- Thermal pad for LED application
- Thermal Putty Replacing Thermal Grease
- Effects of hardness of thermal pad on thermal performance
- Benefits and disadvantages of fiberglass reinforced thermal pad
Benefits and disadvantages of fiberglass reinforced thermal pad
Silicone thermal gap pad is widely used in electronics thermal management because of high performance, excellent comformability and cost effective. But in some special applications, silicone thermal gap padshould be reinforced for achieving multi purpose. Now we study the advantages and disadvantages on fiberglass reinforcement.
Advantages of fiberglass reinforcement: increasing the tensile strength. Usually, silicone thermal gap pad is made from silicone resin and aluminum oxide. It’s soft, low tensile strength, and will be broke easily in assembling.
Easy assembly and non deformation, reinforcement can keep thermal gap pad in shape and improve assembly efficiency.
Tolerance control, if the silicone thermal gap pad is fiberglass reinforced, the engineer can control the tolerance better and make assembly conformable.
Fiberglass reinforcement can improve the wear-resistance of thermal gap pad, because the apllication is in a persistant move circumstance.
At the meantime, fiberglass reinforcement brings also brings some disadvantages. Increasing thermal resistance. Greater thermal resistance makes thermal transfer unefficient.
Fiberglass reinforced thermal gap pad has a weaker compliance than that of which is not fiberglass reinforced, and has a greater contact thermal resistance.
Fiberglass reinforcement makes the cost higher and process complicated, because thermal conductive particles and fiberglass will easily separate from each other if there is no special treatment.
We should use it according to specific application conditions, but we suggest avioding to design the fiberglass reinforced thermal pad in thermal management