- Thermal management for miniaturized motor
- Silicone free thermal pad for optical windows
- GLPOLY Silicone free thermal putty outperforms silicone putty
- High Performance Thermal Putty for Auto Electronics
- Comparison between Silicone free thermal putty and silicone putty
- Thermal pad compression selection
- Thermal pad for LED application
- Thermal Putty Replacing Thermal Grease
- Effects of hardness of thermal pad on thermal performance
- Benefits and disadvantages of fiberglass reinforced thermal pad
Thermal management for miniaturized motor
Thermal management for small motor should be precise, raw materials or size must be more accurate than that of big one. Here is a case from one of our customer.
The engineer had designed two thermal solution on small motor. The first solution is thermal insulator, and the second one is silicone thermal pad. Customer known that we are specialized in thermal management via internet, they want some suggestion on advantages and feasibility for both solutions. Regarding the small motor application, a regular thermal pad is suitable for low power. Many people think we should use a thermal pad with high thermal conductivity. but sometimes, we need a high performance thermal pad, sometime a traditional thermal pad is enough for applications. Because the cost for high performance thermal pad is much higher, and we just don’t need to use such a expensive thermal pad. So we suggest a XK-F20, 2.2W/mK thermal insulator to customer, which is using high filler load and 30um thin glass fiber composites Even high surface flatness can be achieved using low pressure and low contact resistance. This thermally conductive insulator has high performance and could be alternative to bergquist Sili-pad 900S and Sil-pad A1500。
At the meantime, we recommended a XK-P20, 2.0W/mK silicone thermal pad. Comparing to thermal insulator XK-F20, silicone thermal pad XK-P20 analogues thermal performance, and excellent electrical property, the dielectric breakdown is 10kV/mm. but silicone thermal pad beat thermal insualtor on some physical features. Silicone thermal pad is softer than thermally conductive insulator, and it’s two-sided adhesive, optimizing thermal transfer. Also GLPOLY XK-P20 silicone thermal gap pad is UL certified and in compliance with RoHS.